Thursday, June 7, 2012

Deaf to the Voice of Wisdom ?

It was definitely one of those "Oh Drat!" moments,  I had lost an earring and I wasn't even wearing earrings! 
 Those of us who make and sell jewelry are familiar with the standard,  black velvet  necklace display easels, they're not high-end but they're affordable and easy to transport as they neatly, fold flat.


Recently I fabricated a simple chain necklace and then fashioned a pair of cute matching earrings -- these I arranged upon a flat necklace easel and then - later in the week - I decided to bring some items to a small gallery that sells my work.

Well I think you can see where I'm going with this.  My brain told me I should either remove the jewelry from the easel or place easel, with it's jewelry attached, into a large clear plastic baggie, but did I listen to my own logic ?  Nooooo !  

Somewhere, between my home and the gallery (and back again)  one rebellious earring made its' escape.  Where it is I'm not sure, however I am fairly sure I will never see it again. 
Could I make another earring to match the orphaned one? Maybe, but getting the lengths of the headpins to match may be difficult as I didn't take notes as to how long I made the shorter headpins . . . nor do I have more of those lovely 8 mm gold filled, soldered jump-rings that attach the dangles to the earring hook . . . not to mention I don't have enough of the Swarovski 4mm, bi-cone Fire Opal Crystals.     So drat, Drat and DRAT !!!
Oh why don't I learn to, not just listen to the voice of wisdom, but to actually DO what it tells me I should ?

10 comments:

  1. I hate it when I lose an earring at shows or even from the box I store all my jewelry in. I think the earring is lovey and you should take off the ear wire, add a chain and make it into a necklace.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks!! I've done things like that too and then of course, I'm kicking myself later.

    btw...it's a great earring!! Love the simplicity and the colors. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anna, so sorry to hear this, it can get frustrating transporting work from one place to the next. Like going to hang artwork and forgetting the picture hooks and it is miles from home and late at night and nowhere is open, yep, I feel your pain :(

    Hopefully, the earring will show up again :)

    Have a lovely evening, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I feel your frustration. Maybe you'll find it when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bummer! Hard lesson to learn...hoping it turns up. You could always take the ear hook off the remaining one, and make it a pretty pendant??

    ReplyDelete
  6. gretat colgant, i really love ittt

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, did you see that? Thanks for the inspiration! http://kokopellidesign.blogspot.de/2012/06/paint-party-friday-kakteen-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that's just not cool! Did you look under the seats in the car? Hope you find it but if not then guess its just time to get creative again huh?

    Sorry I've been MIA for a while now. Hey, how's your novel coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Said earring was seeing hitchhiking with a nose ring in the Blue Ridge mountains... The necklace is lovely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been there done that! I've even lost earrings from racks that have been placed in a plastic bag. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...