All I know is that I had to try to ream the hardened resin out of the drill hole in order to attach the flower to the bail. I used a small, diamond coated reaming tool and was being gentle but ... well as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words".
Picture below - how it looked before the accident.
Picture below - how it looks after the accident.
I have thought and thought but haven't come up with any solution to the problem. I can't try to reattach the broken piece as that would just seal up the dill hole again (but I am thinking about maybe doing that and then using the flower later on in a wire work piece - maybe!) So now I'm in the process of trying to locate another carved fluorite flower.
I had also came up with a pattern that I thought would look nice with the center piece of the necklace.
Photo above and below - I like the rich, old world look of the capped Amazonite and large (Lab created) Amethyst beads interspersed with smaller, natural Amethyst beads.
Photo below - Got these little clamps at a home improvement store and at the time they were almost 3 for a dollar. I find I use them all of the time and wish I had bought more of them.
If anyone runs across a site that sells similar fluorite carved flowers (about 40 mm in size) please let me know. All I can find, so far, are small little 15 mm fluorite flower beads.