I received a number of good suggestions one of which came from Moonlitfantaseas who recommended that I make a seed beaded bezel to go around it and conceal the flaw. So I beaded a bezel AND a bail for the pendant (yes I could have just used the hole that was a part of the glass pendant but I tend to make more work for myself than is necessary. LOL). All this was done with tiny little 11/0 Delica beads and minuet 15/0's ( I was cross-eyed for 2 days afterwards).
Since I can't seem to leave well enough alone I then embellished the bezel with firepolished Czech glass beads and an assortment of lovely freshwater pearls.
The swirls of copper and silver foils embedded within the glass pendant reminded me of galaxies or a cosmic nebula so I named it "Pearl Nebula". If you think of a better title please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will certainly consider changing the name.
Next I beaded a rope necklace using crystal seed beads with a copper lining to match the tiny beads that were used to construct the bezel with.
The Herringbone beading pattern consists of over 550 size 8/0 seed beads in copper lined crystal and Straw Gold with an aurora borealis finish. Naturally I didn't have any end caps or cones that would fit this rope and when I tried making my own seed beaded end caps it made the rope so thick at the end that it would not fit through the beaded bail of the pendant. OH BOTHER ! Fortunately I found these pretty antique brass flower end caps at Ornementea, they fit perfectly and look so feminine.
The end flower end caps are topped with solid copper beads that match the copper in the seed beads nicely, to this I've added my handcrafted extender chain constructed with Swarovski adorned wire links and 10 mm jumprings. At the ends I've added my own handmade hook and eye clasp.
I think it came together well. In this photo I had to pull most of the rope necklace back in order for the pendant to rest on the flocked display bust.