Friday, August 3, 2012

Fire in the Sky

I saw the cloud just before sunset, it billowed up between the treetops and the upper portion of the cloud swept across the sky as though a painter's brush had passed through it.  At first I thought little of it ... just another pretty white cloud but then the sun began to dip into the horizon, sending its golden orange light up into the clouds.  And so I rushed to get my little camera, keeping my fingers crossed that the photo would turn out acceptable.
The first photo shows the beginning of the sunset upon the cloud.  It almost looks like a raging forest fire with billowing white smoke . . . or an erupting volcano.   But watch as the sequence of pictures continues.  I hope you enjoy these straight out of my little old Cannon, point and click camera as I, a very non-professional photo snapper, was.

And then a close up of the fiery inferno of cloud and setting sun.  Hard to beat the artistry of Mother Nature, isn't it ?

In the end I've finally given up and have gone back to the old Blogger format.  I had grown tired of the constant stopping and starting of my typing cursor and the aggravations with numerous things like photo downloads and setting up a post for timed publishing - Only to NOT have it publish and I'd have to go in a manually publish it.  I'll see if the old format will do a scheduled publishing ?  Wish me luck! :)





9 comments:

  1. That are incredible photos - they look like shots of a real fire!

    Gotta to love Blogger! In some ways it is easier but it is aggravating when you run into those hiccups. Be careful about going back to the old blogging format as Google is bound to drop support for it sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a great capture! It really does look like a cloud from fire or a volcano. Amazing what we see when we aren't even looking for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty Anna :)

    I LOVE taking photos of the changing light, you are right Mother Nature does it so well :)

    Thanks for sharing these beauties :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how I found my way here, but what remarkable photos!!!!

    As I read, I was trying to determine what was burning, and to learn that it was a combination of cloud and natural lighting... how remarkable!!!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pearl - Sadly yes, Blogger will eventually go to the new format and those on blogspot won't have the option of using the old one. I just have my fingers crossed that they will work all the bugs out before they do that. :D

    I did find it funny that in the old format I had no trouble with the scheduled publishing - it published my post just as I set it up to do. I had tried 3 different times, with 3 different posts, using the new format and each time the scheduled setting came and went and the post was not published - had to go in and publish them manually. Hey Blogger! somebody needs to check this out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red Shoes - Sometimes our passage through the internet leads us to unintended destinations. All I can say is that I am pleased to have your visit and appreciate your comment. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots!! I love the light in them.

    I know the "new" Blogger has given me some issues too, but I think we've finally come to an understanding and (fingers crossed) it will continue behaving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great opportunity! I couldn't help it and shared the post right away :) About Blogger - scheduling didn't work for me, too, so now I have to edit that post. I will share if I find the "secret" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! What an amazing collection of photos. Lucky you for the opportunity to catch that cloud and sunset on camera. Thanks for sharing it on your blog. I hope things work out with blogger, I know it can be challenging sometimes.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...