Monday, April 11, 2011

Does Your Barbie Have Alopecia ??

Not long ago a new visitor to my blog graciously left a comment.  As a blogger we all know how much we treasure those comments, it's our validation our reward for being a blogger.  My new visitor goes by the name of Roxy and has a marvelous blog of her own  called: DollyCare  . 
Of course I love to check out the people who come across my blog and so I took a trip down Blogger's Ave to see what Roxy's passion was.  I was surprised to find a well thought out blog, with detailed information, instructional photos and drawings, a blog that was  pretty and cheerful but undiscovered.  I don't know about you but I can certainly remember the many months that my blog sat around with no followers, lonely and unloved.  I felt like I was blogging for myself, talking to the wind or the shadows.  Not even my family cared to visit or leave a comment for me.  (yeah we are slightly disfunctional, lol.)

Roxy's blog deserves some fans. For those of you with children you'll find her blog filled with wonderful ways to salvage your youngster's mangled dollies, maybe even rescue a maneless My Little Pony or a bald Troll doll.  Though Roxy's blog is primarily for the doll enthusiast and collector, her site is one that I wish I had been able to access when my girls were small.  Believe me they had an army of bedraggled, frizzled hair or make-believe beauty salon BAD hair cut Barbie dolls, and Skippers not to mention all of Barbies girlfriends, cousins, nieces and aunts.   If you've never seen a balding Barbie it is not a pretty sight for such an iconic Fashion Diva!

If you have any dolly refurb questions I think Roxy would perhaps know the answer.  AND I think her sweet blog needs to be discovered and given a little blog love. :)   If you'd like to visit Roxy's blog but don't want to click on the links above you can copy and paste the URL into your browser :  http://dollycare.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Oh the alopecia - I remember it well.I must go check it out for old times sake. Now All I have left is the variety of teddy bear/stuffed animal parts I sew back on.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my way to check it out.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL great post! You had me at your post title, lol. I will check it out. I still have my favorit doll, Velvet. Now if I can just pull her hair out of the hole in her head I'll be set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I think I have some vintage dolls who could use some new hair. I had a habit of washing their hair with shampoo and then cutting it, poor things ended up nearly bald, I guess I was too young to realise that their hair wouldn't grow back. :(

    Off to check it out. Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you how cute that site is and it made me want to go find all my old friends and give them their hair back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was laughing at the title, super clever :-) Will have to check out Roxy's blog! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That site is adorable and if my daughter wasn't ready to go off to college it would have been great to have around. I know what you mean about the humble beginnings of blogging too. I am still amazed when someone thinks they like mine enough to follow. I have to say it again (I know I am sort of a broken record) but I have made some of the best friendships through this blog world and I am so glad I took the first step.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...